This weekend's layouts

Sunday 12 February 2012

Hi,
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It was the first time in a long time we haven't had a zillion things to do so I had plenty of time to scrap today! Four layouts done, including my first as DT for Lets Get Sketchy! You'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see that one.

This is the first photo of our dog I've ever scrapped!'Siyah'

'First Dance'

This next layout took a while. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that my stepmum, Kathy, passed away suddenly last month. She left behind my little sister (her and my dad's ten year old daughter) so we are all just doing our best. This photo of my sister and Kathy was taken on her friend's iphone the night before she passed away so unfortunately it is bad quality. But it's a special photo to me so I desperately wanted to scrap it, and when I saw this idea over on the Studio Calico blog I knew it would be perfect. I didn't want to messy it up or overembelish it, since the photo is so tiny (was too pixellated to print much bigger!). Anywho, here it is (oh and a thousand years is the song we played at her funeral, hence the title and lyrics on the side):


I've also got another layout done for this months challenge at Scrap the Girls, I'll pop back later with that!
Until then,
Belinda x

3 comments:

  1. beautiful work...congrats on the Dt... and looking forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of your loss! I love that you scrapped this even if you didn't think the photo was perfect. The memory is worth scrapping. Praying you'll be comforted by happy memories of her in the days and weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs